Emory sponsors a nationally unique program called Bike Emory in collaboration with two cycling partners, Fuji Bikes and Bicycle South. The goal of the program is to promote the cycling culture at Emory and to provide great services and promotions to riders of all levels.
Bike Emory projects
- Deep discounts on new Fuji bicycles and free gear for students, faculty and staff who purchase through bike.emory.edu
- A mobile repair center on Emory's campus, staffed by Bicycle South, provides bike repairs on site, or with a fast turnaround
- Bike share stations that allow Emory faculty, staff and students to check out a bike at one of several locations and use it for free
- New bike racks on campus and advocacy for improved conditions for cyclists
- Safe cycling classes
- An interactive website with cycling resources and connections to the local cycling community
Bike Emory is also working with the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, the PATH Foundation, local municipalities and other groups to increase options for safe bicycling on multi-use paths, and bike lanes.
The program targets Emory's faculty, staff and students, and local community to consider cycling before traveling by car.