Campus Crossings at Briarcliff
Most of Emory's graduate students find their own housing in private apartment complexes and homes. But with this project, Emory has provided a limited number of graduate housing units for students who want to live where they can walk, bike or take Emory's Cliff shuttle to campus.
Emory developed Campus Crossings at Briarcliff in conjunction with Campus Apartments, Inc., on Briarcliff Road near the Sage Hill shopping center.
- Approximately 400 graduate students are housed in 271 one-, two- and three-bedroom units.
- The housing complex site is nine acres, of which approximately 4 acres are developed.
- Emory provided pedestrian improvements to connect this housing complex with the Sage Hill shopping center.
- DeKalb County regulations required at least one parking space per housing unit for this site. In order to mitigate the effect of these new housing units, Emory proposed a reduction in the parking requirement in light of the transit option and project design to attract graduate student residents who are less car-dependent.
- This project became available for student occupancy in June 2009.